Professor George C.
Tel.: +30 210 8203
650, Assistant: +30 210 8203 646
Office Hours: email for appointment
Office: Evelpidon Bldg., 8th floor,
Courier delivery to: 47A Evelpidon &
· Research Interests
· Please check the MMlab site for current projects
Selected Recent Publications
· Y. Thomas, M. Karaliopoulos, G. Xylomenos, G.C. Polyzos, Low Latency Friendliness for Multipath TCP, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 28, no. 1, February 2020.
· V.A. Siris, D. Dimopoulos, N. Fotiou, S. Voulgaris, G.C. Polyzos, Decentralized authorization in constrained IoT environments exploiting interledger mechanisms, Computer Communications, Elsevier, vol. 152, February 2020.
· Y. Thomas, G. Xylomenos, G.C. Polyzos, Multipath Congestion Control with Network Assistance, Computer Communications, Elsevier, vol. 153, March 2020.
· N. Fotiou, Y. Thomas, S. Toumpis, G.C. Polyzos, Improving mobile ad hoc networks using hybrid IP-Information Centric Networking, Computer Communications, Elsevier, vol. 156, April 2020.
· S. Chadoulos, I. Koutsopoulos, G.C. Polyzos, Mobile Apps Meet the Smart Energy Grid: A Survey on Consumer Engagement and Machine Learning Applications, IEEE Access, vol. 8, December 2020.
· N. Fotiou, I. Pittaras, V.A. Siris, G.C. Polyzos, P. Anton, "A privacy-preserving statistics marketplace using local differential privacy and blockchain: An application to smart-grid measurements sharing," Blockchain: Research and Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, April 2021.
· T. Elo, S. Ruutu, E. Arzoglou, Y. Kortesniemi, D. Lagutin, V. Hoseini, G.C. Polyzos, "Improving IoT Federation Resiliency with Distributed Ledger Technology," IEEE Access, vol. 9, November 2021.
· A.G. Papidas, G.C. Polyzos, Self-Organizing Networks for 5G and Beyond: A View from the Top, Future Internet, vol. 14, no. 3, March 2022.
Conference and Workshop Publications
· N. Fotiou, V.A. Siris, G.C. Polyzos, Y. Kortesniemi, D. Lagutin, Capabilities-based access control for IoT devices using Verifiable Credentials, Proc. IEEE Workshop on the Internet of Safe Things, in conjunction with the 43rd IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 2022. (Best paper award.)
· V. Kalos, G.C. Polyzos, Requirements and Secure Serialization for Selective Disclosure Verifiable Credentials, Proc. 37th International Conference on ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection (IFIP SEC), Copenhagen, DK, June 2022.
· N. Fotiou, I. Pittaras, S. Chadoulos, V.A. Siris, G.C. Polyzos, N. Ipiotis, S. Keranidis, Authentication, Authorization, and Selective Disclosure for IoT data sharing using Verifiable Credentials and Zero-Knowledge Proofs, Proc. workshop on Emerging Technologies for Authorization and Authentication, in conjunction with ESORICS, Copenhagen, DK, September 2022.
· General co-chair, MobiQuitous 2020
· Co-organizer: ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Mobile Edge Communications (MECOMM 2017); on the Steering Committee of MECOMM 2018
· Co-organizer: Workshop on Information-Centric Fog Computing (ICFC) in conjunction with IFIP Networking 2017
· Steering Committee Chair, ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (2013-2016)
· Co-organizer: 2014 Q-ICN Workshop
· Co-organizer: ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2011, ICN 2012, and ICN 2013)
· My Ph.D. student Vaggelis Douros put me on the Mathematics Genealogy Project
Last updated: January 29, 2023